Miyerkules, Agosto 3, 2011

Apt. 1B

Had dinner last night with high school friends at Apt. 1B. This cozy but elegant restaurant is located in Sedeno St. cor. Leviste St. in Salcedo Village, Makati.

I got there early for my dinner date but I was allowed to go to our table already which was reserved in the 2nd floor of the resto. I was ushered by a waiter who stayed with me in the 2nd floor. He immediately handed me separate menus on drinks, dessert, appetizes and entrees. I scanned the prices and I can say that they are a bit more expensive compared to other restos in Greenbelt 5.

My friends came one by one. Tina ordered Baked Samosa - pastry filled with spinach, cheese and mushroom, and Three Cheese Vegetable Lasagna. I on the other hand felt so hungry that I ordered Baby Back Ribs with side veggies and mashed potato AND a cup of plain rice. I was so surprised with the amount of food that was served to me because it turned out to be a whole rack of ribs!

On the ribs: It was yummy. The meat was tender and separates easily from the bone. The glaze was just right--not too sweet and tangy. The mashed potatoes was a welcome side dish since it balances the flavor of the meat and its sauce and so that I will be able to et more of it and not get tired of eating the dish right away.

I tasted Tina's order and I must say it was really yummy! Though I think most of the food they served us were just too rich and is better for sharing instead of for individual consumption.

Rosy and Andie, both came in at a later time, ordered Macaroni and Cheese and Carbonara. Was able to taste Rosy's Mac and Cheese. Just like Tina's food, it was so rich and yummy! But she wasn't able to finish it because it was just too much. Both dishes came with 2 pieces of garlic bread.

For dessert, we had a frozen cake--vanilla ice cream with oreo crust, walnuts and chocolate sauce, and apple crisp--apple crumble with vanilla ice cream and caramel syrup. I must say the apple crisp was a disappointment since the apples were just too sour and didn't go well with the rest of the ingredients. The frozen cake on the other hand was to die for and if I weren't diabetic, I would consume it all!

All in all, my Apt.1B experience was a good one. I think I will eat there again, but with the knowledge of what and how to order in that restaurant. I can't wait to eat there again!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento